Re: 2027: Season 9, General chit-chat thread

By Redneckgopher
8/20/2021 3:02 pm
GG Jets

By mathan
8/20/2021 3:52 pm
GrandadB wrote:
GG mathan/Giants, very frustrating watch, 2 long drives in first half end up inside the 5 and we come away with 3 pts total. Watching Powers is like watching Goff when he was on the Rams, major disappointment based on his atts/rating. Your passing game did a nice job vs our secondary, our defense could not make up for the offense mistakes as they usually have to do.

Thank you! Our scouting warned us about the pass focus style of play and we wanted to stop it. We did not succeed so well. Nevertheless, we left the field as a happy winner. These exciting games are why we love the game.

By GrandadB
8/30/2021 6:40 am
GG mathan/Giants, I could sense that it would come down to a FG when you kept it within 5 pts and watching the drive late in the 4th to take the lead. We got lucky on the final drive, keeping it alive on the 4th down play.

Last edited at 8/30/2021 6:41 am

By mathan
8/30/2021 6:58 am
Congrats Rams/GrandadB, i could put pressure on your QB, but against your WR, once they started, i had little chance...your passing game was too strong. Good luck for the PO - see you in the new season... :-)

By GrandadB
9/01/2021 6:05 am
Toller Spielkredit/Cowboys, Ihr Vergehen hat mir ein paar Dinge gezeigt, die sofort angegangen werden müssen. War überrascht, als Sie nicht für 2 in der 3. zum Unentschieden kamen, immer noch früh ist die beste Vermutung. Drops schaden beiden Teams, wie üblich, und "Pick" Powers warf nur einen Pick. Beide DEs mit Q-Verletzungen gestartet, ein Risiko eingegangen und es hat sich ausgezahlt. Endlich haben die Rams ein CC-Spiel in dieser Liga. War ein Hingucker.

Great game loan/Cowboys, your offense showed me a couple of things that need to be addressed right away. Was surprised when you didnt got for 2 in the 3rd to tie, still early is best guess. Drops hurt both teams, as usual, and "Pick" Powers only threw one pick. Started both DEs with Q injuries, took a chance and it paid off. Finally got the Rams into a CC game in this league. Been a haul.

"Pick" Powers

Last edited at 9/01/2021 6:09 am

By GrandadB
9/03/2021 5:13 am
Congrats Bucs/IOT, no surprise, I had my odds real long on that one, only chance we had to score was a blown short FG. Best defense Ive faced in quite a while, will see if I can improve the roster in the off season and give it another try.

By Infinity on Trial
9/03/2021 8:01 am
GG, Rams. Your red zone defense gave me fits, and my passing game was bad enough that I needed my defense to prevail. Also, shout out to the Packers for scoring two TDs against me after I allowed five offensive TDs on the year. That gave me a couple of things to fix, which helped me with the Rams.

By GrandadB
9/06/2021 3:43 pm
Herzlichen Glückwunsch Bdog/Colts, die Bucs sind ein echter Hingucker, mit dem es zu konkurrieren und zu schlagen ist. Das war kein einfacher Sieg. Interessante Auswahl und Tasten für die Wiedergabe des Spielprotokolls.

Congrats Bdog/Colts, the Bucs are a real tall order to compete with and beat. That was no easy win. Interesting game log re play selection and keys.

Last edited at 9/06/2021 3:46 pm

By GrandadB
9/09/2021 8:54 pm
Gonna call it a day in this league, enjoyed it, am cutting back, spending way too much time on this game vs RL. cheers! GdB